TrueAbility is the leading platform for delivering performance-based assessments. For certification, talent assessment, or training, TrueAbility puts customer’s content in a hands-on environment, allowing them to assess real-world skills anywhere in the world. Our 4 year old company is allowing the training and certification space to evolve how technical talent is evaluated.
As a Linux Systems Engineer in the Assessment Development group, you are responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the end-to-end orchestration and automation of customer’s performance-based exam environments. These exam environments are leveraged by major brands in their global training and certification programs. This role is a critical component in service delivery to our customers, and ultimately to their global test takers.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has a talent for learning new things and is passionate about growing their expertise. They are able to take customer requirements and turn them into well thought out solutions. The ideal candidate has experience with various flavors of Linux and Open-Sourced technologies, yet isn’t afraid to dive in and learn about technologies they have yet to work with. Efficiency and automation is at the core of how you like to work.
- Using customer provided requirements and the TrueAbility performance-based platform toolset, develop the necessary automation components to support the orchestration of the customer’s exam environments(provisioning, grading, archiving).
- Provide support and maintenance in the form of software updates to exam environments.
- Respond to customer’s questions and inquiries related to their exam environments.
- Strong desire and ability to learn new technologies on a regular basis
- Strong Linux system orchestration and automation skills
- 3+ years of bash scripting experience
- Experience with Python or another object oriented programming language
- Experience working with Vagrant
- Hands on experience working with public clouds such as Rackspace, AWS, and GCP
- Experience using Git
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows 2012 and PowerShell scripting
This is a full-time position based in San Antonio. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
TrueAbility™ is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.